its been such a long time since i have baked. So lets just say this is my healthy comeback to baking!
there’s this general impression that baking cakes at home is difficult. well not really for me, but anyways, for those who think so, well start with these muffins. baking them is really just a piece of cake!
Banana & Walnut (Mini) Muffins. the best of the lot for kids. scrumptious, healthy and very yummmyy! they are so light and fluffy, they literally melt in your mouth!
Recipe courtesy Tarla Dalal.
1 cup butter
1 cup castor sugar
1 cup plain flour ( i used wheat flour)
½ cup walnuts
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp milk
Butter to grease the muffin moulds
Making these muffins is so easy even your kids can help you along the way.
1. Pre heat oven to 200°C. Grease muffins moulds with little butter and keep aside.
2. Sieve the flour with the salt, baking powder and baking soda. Keep aside.
3. Put the butter in a mixing bowl and mix with a spatula till it becomes soft. Add castor sugar to it and mix it properly.
4. Chop bananas into small bite size pieces (or however you wish) and add it to the butter and sugar mix. Add in the chopped walnuts and mix well.
6. Add enough milk to make it a batter like consistency.
1. Silicone trays need lesser cooking time than metal ones.
2. Insert a toothpick in the centre of muffin. If it comes out clean its done. On touching the muffin, it should be fluffy and come back up when pressed down.