I loved these biscuits as a child. i still eat them. i would eat the whole biscuit and leave the jam for the last. whereas B does just the opp. we all have our different ways of munching it, but love these biscuits nonetheless. never knew they were so easy to make. just 5 ingredients and you can relive your childhood! Try it, they turn out yum!
¼ cup rice flour, sieved
²⁄3 cup plain flour, sieved
¼ cup castor sugar
125g cold butter, chopped
2 Tbsp strawberry jam, or jam of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place flours, sugar, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor and pulse until the mixture begins to form a ball. Turn mixture out onto a flat surface.
3. Knead dough until it comes together, then roll out onto a lightly floured surface to a 1cm thickness.
4. cut flower shapes into dough using a flower-shaped cookie cutter. While cutter is in dough, use your thumb to create a dimple in the centre of the biscuit (see Notes). Repeat until all the dough is used. Place biscuits on lined trays, leaving a little space between each. Fill dimples with jam.
1. Making the dimple while the cutter is still in the dough helps the biscuit keep its shape.
2. Store jam drops in an airtight container and they will last for up to five-six days.