Tired of the traditional lasagne with mince? have you tried it with chicken? a few days ago i made lasagne with chicken, spinach and other veggies in a creamy white sauce. turned out quite tasty and different.
500gms boneless chicken
1 cup washed fresh baby spinach (change the quantity as per your liking)
1-2 cup of vegetables of your choice (i added broccoli, mushrooms and carrots)
2 cups white sauce (or more as per your liking)
2-3 lasagne sheets (to cover base of the baking tray)
salt to taste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
black pepper to taste
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Pre heat the oven to 180deg C.
2. Marinate the chicken pieces in garlic and ginger paste. Keep aside.
3. Cut the vegetables of your choice. In a mixing bowl, mix in the spinach leaves and the vegetables. Next pour the white sauce (or other sauce of your choice) and mix it. Put in the chicken pieces. Add salt and pepper as to taste.
4. In your baking tray, line the base of the tray with lasagne sheets till it is completely covered. Pour over the chicken and sauce mixture evenly. Sprinkle grated cheese or cheese slices over it. Cover it and place it in the oven for 20-30 minutes. The chicken should be done. Please note baking time varies for different ovens.
1. You can also use the Bechamel sauce you get in stores instead of making white sauce.
2. Baking time varies for different ovens. You may have to bake for longer than 30 minutes. Do check the progress after 20 minutes.
3. I used the pre-cooked lasagne sheets and hence needed no boiling prior to using it.