I think this is one of the best chicken dishes I have cooked. Its just delicious!
Chicken bone-in/drumsticks – 1kg
Onion, chopped – 450 gm
Ginger – 40 gm
Garlic – 40gm
Tomatoes puree – 200 gm
Beaten curd – 50 gm
Oil – 150 ml
Salt – to taste
Red chilli powder – 10 gm
Coriander powder – 20 gm
Turmeric – 4 gm
Garam masala powder – 4 gm
Black pepper – ¼tsp
Cardamom (green) – ¼ tsp
Big cardamom – 2
Bay leaf – 1
Whole red chilli – 3
1. Was chicken pieces in cold running water and pat dry; keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add whole spices to it; allow them to crackle.
3. Add chopped onions and cook till they become golden in colour.
4. Then add garlic and ginger paste, chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder and salt. Cook for 5 minutes on slow fire.
5. Add fresh tomato puree to the mix and cook till masala is done.
6. Heat some more oil separately in a kadhai and saute chicken with salt, turmeric and red chilli powder. Cook chicken for few minutes. Add masala gravy and beaten curd then cook the chicken on slow fire for 15 minutes or till it is done. Add garam masala powder in the end and mix.
7. Serve hot with roti or naan.